Friday 21 December 2012

Just focusing on the good and writing

 Was good to get a couple books at the library and pay off an old fee, library had taken the fee off, but I felt good just paying off the money owed. I love writing so got books about writing and of course a positive thinking book.
Was nice eating prawns the other night haven't had that for awhile, went well with a nice salad and smoked salmon. Okay just getting hungry talking about this. Was a great but strange day, in the past, I would of feared about 2012 and the end of days with the Mayan Calendar. But I learnt fear and worry is just a waste of energy and how many times has dooms day been predicted. I think if it happens it happens, but mean while, why stress. Went out into town with family to pick up a couple of things we had for kids on lay buy, was funny to see so many people out and about then usual, especially around pubs area. I think a lot were celebrating end of days. We, my husband and me, had a lot on lay buy for Christmas, was so great for unexpected money to come which we so needed, like we are fine but with Christmas around the corner, just was so awesome to get all the lay buy's out, and just can't wait to see the smiles on the kids faces on Christmas morning. Hard to believe only three or so days till Christmas, I have some major wrapping to do. Today was last day of school for kids, you can just hear the sigh of relief and grins on their faces, so I think they will enjoy their holidays. My disabled daughter who is now 14 years old, for the first time came home with school homework, was glad as she loves school and I know she will miss school. I want to keep up this blog, as a personal empowerment tool, just focusing on the good. And to write more, I have liked writing when I was a kid just playing with words in poetry, I never really thought it would be something I would be passionate about. Sharing a poem I wrote.

Underneath
Underneath your hidden tears,
Your dreams lie waiting.
You cover them up
You hide them
Not wanting to take a look
For your heart will start aching.
Is this the sadness we face
The hidden dreams covered up
With a heavy cloak
Called depression.
You hidden it so far down
But it echoes and calls.
You post pone it, post pone it.
So many things to keep your mind on.
The fear is really the fear of your dreams failing.


Sounds depressing now I look at it, but you get so caught up in life, you hide some gift in you that wants to express yourself through art or some form. Or may be its just me lol. No, I know there are a great number of people who love creating. My 16 year old loves drawing, always amazes me how good she keeps getting and the passion that drives her. And lately I have been the same way with writing, I am not sure where its going to take me but will follow this passion because I love it. So I don't think to expect life to end to soon too much to live for, why stress, why worry. May you always find something to live for and something to be passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment